5 Best power foods for banting
- Eggs. The ultimate convenience food, eggs are power-houses of nutrition, packed with protein and a range of 18 vitamins and minerals. They have all the nutrients we need except Vitamin C.
- Butter. Real butter that comes from grass-fed cows is one of the most important foods you can eat for a healthy heart. Grass-fed butter, contains the very valuable vitamin K2. K2 is only made by cows eating green grass which provides the cow with vitamin K1 to convert into K2 for us to benefit from. We cannot convert K1 to K2 in the human body, so we need grass-fed butter to do that. While K1 is important in blood clotting, Vitamin K2 helps to keep calcium out of your arteries.
- Pasture-fed meat & offal. Powerhouses of nutrients, good quality protein, some excellent fat, and everything you need to keep you healthy while Banting.
- Oily Fish. Oily fish is very rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. While white fish also contains these fatty acids, levels are much lower. As well as being a super source of omega-3 oils, oily fish contains plenty of lean protein. Having sufficient levels of these fatty fish oils is important for good health
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil provides one with lots of energy, is a saturated fat and stable at high heats and is wonderful for preserving your brain too.
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
— Winston Churchill...