Juicing health benefits
Why is juicing for health so important?
- Juicing is an easy way to provide yourself with a high level of quality nutrition that requires hardly any digestion, so all its nutritional goodness gets rapidly absorbed into your system.
- Unlocking nutrients of raw foods is one of the vital benefits of juicing. Fiber is quite literally locked into many vegetables and fruits and the potential benefit of the fiber is lost as the digestive system does not unlock it. Juicing releases the fiber’s nutrition so that benefit may be realized.
- Juice is an excellent snack or meal replacement that is very filling. Many dieters claim that juices assist them to lose weight with no hunger.
- When you juice, you use more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat. As a result, you are drinking a densely packed amount of vitamins, minerals and other plant-based nutrients.
- The antioxidant effects of juices will help detoxify your body and help you eliminate the toxins, fats, preservatives and chemicals that a diet of processed foods leave behind in your body.
- Increased energy and mood uplift are collateral benefits of juicing. As your body becomes detoxified and “cleaned out” it will be more able to access and utilize restorative and sustaining nutrients which most likely will make you feel better in general. When you feel better you are more energized and happier.
- When juicing for health, it is best to drink your juice 30 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. This way the "powerful" juice doesn't get involved in the digestive process.
Blenders vs Juicers
Don't confuse blenders with juicers as blenders process the fiber and the nutrients together. Juicers separate the fiber from the nutrients. This is extremely important when juicing for health. When you ingest the fiber with the nutrients, the digestive process begins. You may get 10% - 30% of the nutrients extracted when the bulk passes through the intestines and colon during digestion. When you drink the juice without fiber before any digestion begins, you may get 90% plus of the nutrients absorbed through the intestinal wall. This is one of the important benefits to juicing for health.
Please note...fiber is super important, it's just not good to mix juicing and fiber when you are trying to get the most out of available plant nutrients.
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
— Winston Churchill...